Tile flooring can help you create a high-end look in your home. Tiles are also environment-friendly since they are composed of natural raw materials like clay, sand, and glass. In this blog, we will talk about the important tools needed to install tile flooring.
Check out these must-have tools:
- Chalk Line– This is a tool used to mark long or straight lines on flat surfaces. A chalk line held properly can make a perfectly straight line up to a certain point. These are much quicker than using a tape measure by hand and more accurate!
2. Tape Measure- As we all know, this tool is one of the most important tools in carpentry. It is used to measure size or distance accurately. It is designed to be easily carried in pockets or toolkits. To learn about tape measure tips and tricks, check out this blog.
3. Carpenter’s Square- this tool is used to measure right angles, and also square layout structures. The Carpenter’s Square was invented and patented by Silas Hawes in 1819, yet it is still helpful today.
4. Tile Cutter- it is used to cutting tile to its required size and shape. Other than that, it can also deliver greater cutting speed. If you are working with tile, this will be critical to your project.
5. Notched Trowel- this tool has two sides of the blade which makes it different from a regular trowel. It is used to spread adhesive and thin-set, and to apply, dig, and move particles in the working area.
Tile tools are designed for specific uses during the installation process. It increases the amount of time needed to complete a project. Worst case scenario of not choosing the right tool is, it can damage the tile or you might end up hurting yourself, but most of the time will just make more work for yourself. Hopefully, you found these tips useful when preparing to work with tiles.